The Event/Marketing Coordinator reports to the Communications Manager and is responsible for:
- The project management, on-site coordination and execution of our largest fundraiser, Yappy Hour from conception to completion
- Content, messaging, and brand identity components of the MARL website
- Working with MARL team members, our ad agency and vendors on fundraising and marketing materials such as newsletters, appeals, signage, digital communications, etc. that align with brand and marketing strategies
- Planning and executing donor and in-shelter community events as needed
- Managing and supporting 3rd party event requests and execution
You are a fit for this position if:
- you are able to work well and productively with a lot of different people. Sponsors, co-chairs, host committee, MARL staff and volunteers, a variety of vendors, venue representatives, our ad agency and printer. . . it takes a huge team to successfully execute an event like Yappy Hour and you will be the ringleader.
- these words all sound familiar and appealing to you: silent auction, registration, guest list, event signage, set-up, tear-down, VIP reception, sponsorship activation and fulfillment, F&B, signature cocktail, guest experience, seating, putting out fires, coordination, and hard work.
- you know that event coordination is more than centerpieces and a cute theme. It’s about details, organization, hard work, and ensuring that we provide the best experience possible to our sponsors and guests from beginning to end.
- you are detail-oriented, flexible, an effective communicator and have experience in marketing and events.
About Yappy Hour
Yappy Hour is the only cocktail party in southeast Michigan where your dog is welcome. Over 500 two-legged and 250 four-legged guests enjoy an evening of cocktails and hors d’ oeuvres, mingling, gourmet dog treats, photo opportunities, a silent auction, and so much more in the remarkably beautiful Rock Garden at Meadow Brook Hall. Proceeds from this very special fundraiser benefit the animals of MARL. Visit www.marleague.org to understand more about this event.
The Michigan Animal Rescue League (MARL) has been proudly serving the animals and community from the corner of Featherstone and Martin Luther King in Pontiac since 1953. As, “A Different Breed of Shelter,” we believe that the “quality of the wait” for a forever home can make all the difference in the future of an animal. MARL provides life-saving care to over 1,500 dogs and cats each year through rescue, medical care, socialization, adoption and community outreach. Visit our website and social media to learn more about who we are and what we do. If you think you have what it takes to join this dynamic team then we want to hear from you!
What MARL can offer:
- Fun, dynamic team culture
- Career progression based on performance
- Competitive wages with flexibility in scheduling
- Take pride in making a difference in the community
A resume and cover letter are required for consideration. The cover letter should let us know why you think you would be a good fit for this position. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com