Thank you for your interest in adopting from the Michigan Animal Rescue League! Please take a moment to review our adoption process and requirements below.
Adopters must be 21 years or older and have a valid driver’s license with current address to fill out an application.
View our adoptable animals online. If you see an animal that interests you, the first step of our adoption process is to complete the online Adoption Application. This does not commit you to anything, but is the first step in order to provide us with your information and get the adoption process started.
Once an application is received our office staff will begin reviewing your information. This process typically takes 3-5 business days, but may be shorter or longer depending on the volume of applications received for that particular animal.
A member of our staff will contact you to review your application, to schedule an appointment to meet with the animal, or to notify you if the availability of the animal changes. You will be contacted by our office staff with an update either way!
- Some animals may have special adoption requirements.
- We are unable to hold animals.
- Multiple applications are taken on each animal. Placement decisions are based on the best interest of each individual animal and their individual needs.
- All animal visits and adoptions are by appointment. Appointments are scheduled by our office staff once applications have been reviewed.
- Filling out an application does not guarantee adoption.
Cats/Kittens | $125 ($200 for 2)
Dogs/Puppies | $250
All animals have received an initial health check and have been:
- Current on age-appropriate vaccines
- Feline Leukemia and FIV tested (cats and kittens)
- Heartworm tested (adult dogs)
- Treated with flea & tick preventative